2019 was a great year. But it was a tough year. I have wins and I have loses. It was a year I dug in and did some healing.
Highlights and Lessons from 2019
- Oct 2019 – 1 Year of Sobriety was a huge accomplishment but it is just the start.
- I needed counseling
- Finding meaning and purpose are critical to life
- My wife @vickiegrier is my world.
- I work well with self imposed rules. I fight like hell against outside authority. Which is interesting and deserves exploration on it’s own.
- Success and failure are on the same coin.
- Forgiveness is powerful. Forgive yourself.
2020 Weight loss Journey
Here are the highlights from 2019 for context.
Sept 2019 – 245
Jan 2020 – 275
In 2018 I experimented with making a daily podcast to help keep me motivated. I did not stick to it but I several people reached out to me via email to ask why I stopped and some other questions. Those interactions motivated me to re start this effort.
I am committing to 300 episodes in 2020.
I record, edit and publish on my iPhone with an app called Anchor. It is pretty cool for what it is. But my podcasts are not professionally done – it is just me talking to you.
My goal is to document my journey. To motivate both you and me and share what I am doing, my success and failures and share any tools or resources I find along the way.
Stay in the fight. Your health is worth it.